Here’s what you see on John MacMillan’s desk in Toronto, Canada:
- A file of short stories, some published, one award winning.
- A folder of scripts and photos from his comedy shows and monologues.
- A photo of his wife, Gabriella.
- A file with tear-sheets and notes on the ubiquity of the number 27.
- A map of Taiwan, and a Mandarin phrase book, for the book he’s writing on his missionary-grandfather.
- A model of the Challenger space shuttle (because he’s a space nerd) and a microscope (because he’s a science nerd).
- Dog-eared copies of “Ulysses” & “Brideshead Revisited” and, sitting on top of it all, his sleeping cat, Iggy.